I'm a mere 4 days away from packing up my manhattan life and trucking out to Boston. Or should I say, Bahstan with a soft a. And when I say Bahston, I really mean South Hamilton. That's where Gordon-Conwell is. I hope I'm ready for this. I know that I'm excited-and maybe this excitement has blurred the indistinguishable emotions of leaving this city and people that have become home. It could be that I'm tired of just talking about it and need to just do it. Rip it off like a band aid. I have a feeling, though, that I will get there and it will hit me. That sick feeling in your stomach that you've left your big relationships that took so long to build, the loud streets and construction that you always complain about, but over time has become comforting. You'll remember those incredible summer days that are quite nice as long as you stay above ground. The days you spent frolicking in brooklyn. You'll miss the chocolate chip pancakes at Tom's Restaurant and how much they were worth the wait in line. You'll remember the day you spent riding bikes with your friends all over Manhattan and twice over the brooklyn bridge, and how it was an August day, but it was in the 70's and beautiful. You will even miss the long rides on the A train with your roommate to the free beach at Far Rockaway and how you couldn't get enough of the fish tacos from Rockaway tacos. You'll think of your church, recalling the first time you walked into the doors to the double tree ballroom so long ago, and how you had no clue how much that day would influence the next 4 years of your life. You'll think about the people who have helped to shape you over this time, encouraged you along the way, prayed for you. It's going to be sad and difficult to start that process all over again, but you'll remember how God got you there. You'll look back on every tiny and big way he provided for you and all through the hands of His people. He's ready to do something new with you.
So, over the next few days I will prepare to rip the band aid off and flee this nest (to be so cliche). Thanks for keeping up with me as I've traveled through the ups and downs of doing life in NYC. I invite you to come along with me to Boston. Let's see where this all leads.
No comments:
Post a Comment